Amid the current COVID crisis, please be assured that the health and safety of all our patients and staff is our top priority. We would like to assure you that we remain open for those requiring in-person appointments, testing, treatment, and procedures. It is understandable that you and your family may have concerns about coming to a doctor’s office during this unsettling time and we aim to lessen some of your fears by sharing our preparedness efforts.
During the upcoming weeks we will continue to adjust our schedules and office flow to follow the recommendations of the CDC and American Academy of Ophthalmology. With your safety in mind, our providers have been working hard to coordinate alternating work schedules.
We have put additional strict safety protocols in place to protect our patients and staff:
- All patients will be called prior to their appointment to confirm or reschedule your appointment. Our staff will call and ask you a series of COVID related screening questions to determine whether your appointment can proceed as planned.
- We ask that you not enter the office if you are experiencing any COVID symptoms or have been exposed to the virus. Please call our office prior to entering and await further instruction from our staff.
- All patients and their visitors must wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose, at all times, while in the office. All doctors and staff will wear personal protective equipment as necessary during your visit.
- All patients and their visitors will have their temperature taken upon entering and be asked to immediately wash hands. If your temperature is greater than 100.2, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment unless you have an ophthalmic emergency.
- We ask that patients come alone to their appointment when possible and if unable to come unaccompanied, limit to one guest.
- Please limit talking while in the office and maintain social distancing (six feet).
- After each patient leaves an exam room or testing area, it is sterilized with CDC approved disinfectants on a continuous basis throughout the day.
- We are actively cleaning and disinfecting high traffic areas including door handles, phones, and other frequently touched surfaces
- Cash payments will not be accepted until further notice. You may pay ahead of time when we call to confirm your appointment. You may also pay your balance or copay online by clicking here.
We recognize that this is a time filled with uncertainty and want to assure you we are committed to keeping you updated on any new developments. We will communicate any changes as we move through this process to continue providing you with the high-quality care and service you depend on.